EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT
But were afraid to ask
A comprehensive course on their formation, detection, assessment and mitigation –
from the mill to operations
Day 1-4: 9am-1:30pm Central Time
Click here to register your interest in attending the course. The course will be scheduled when 10 persons have pre-registered and confirmed participation. No fee will be charged until the course is scheduled. We will contact you at that time to confirm your participation.
On completion of this 4-day online course you will:
- Understand which types of defects can occur in a high-pressure pipeline, onshore or offshore, including the pipe body, welds and coating
- Recognize and understand their different shapes and geometries
- Be familiar with geometric features, metal loss and cracks: why they occur and how they can grow
- Understand the importance of the lifetime perspective from mill to operations
- Understand defense layers: coating and cathodic protection
- Learn the available repair methods and their applicability
- Know the non-destructive-testing tools for pipeline inspection and their specific strengths and weaknesses
- Learn what testing is performed in the steel mill, pipe mill, construction site and during operations
- Know the difference between piggable, challenging and non-piggable pipelines,
- Know the latest In-Line Inspection Tools and related services
- Understand the role of In-Line Inspection in defect assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Pipeline engineers, managers and service professionals who are involved with the operation, maintenance, inspection and repair of pipelines
Participants will receive the complete set of course notes in PDF format (420 pages) as well as a copy of the textbook Managing Pipeline Threats in eBook format (470 pages).
RECORDING AVAILABLE AFTER THE COURSE
Your registration includes access to the entire course recording for 60 days following the online sessions.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
On completion of the course, participants will be eligible to receive 1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s).
COURSE STRUCTURE AND DELIVERY
The course consists of:
- Pre-recorded topical lectures comprising a total of 8 hours over two days (4 hours a day).
- The delivery platform will be GoToWebinar.
- The instructor will be online with you during the Lecture sessions.
- Live Question & Answer sessions with the instructor that will follow each lecture. 15 minutes per Q&A session.
- You will be able to submit your questions to the instructor via live Chat during the lecture sessions, and he will address them in the Q&A session that follows.
- Access to a recording of the course afterward.