Managing Geohazards for Pipeline Integrity
Led by Rhett Dotson and Alex McKenzie-Johnson
August 30-31, 2023 | Online
Register before August 16, 2023 and save $200!
| 9am-1:30pm CDT
| 9am-1:30pm CDT
Need for the course
The threat from geohazards has received increasing attention among operators and regulators over the last decade. Several notable failures have received public attention, and PHMSA has stated their intent to focus on geohazards and has released two bulletins specifically addressing geohazards since 2019. Many operators are challenged with how to manage geohazards and the lack of clear requirements in this space make it difficult to know where to begin. This course will cover the basic level of information necessary for operators to understand and begin addressing geohazards.
By the end of the course, attendees should understand the following:
- How do geohazards cause pipeline failures?
- What are the elements of a geohazard management program?
- What tools are available to manage geohazard threats?
- How can geological and ILI-based assessments be utilized in a geohazard program?
- When are in-situ investigations necessary?
- What are the key considerations in implementing monitoring, pre-emptive mitigation and post-event remediation?
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- New Integrity Engineers attending this course will receive exposure to the geohazard management process including terminology and the tools used in the assessment of the geohazard threat.
- Senior Integrity Engineers would gain a deeper understanding of geohazard assessment and mitigation methods, including response criteria and mitigation options.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Pipeline engineers, managers and service professionals who are involved with the operation, maintenance, inspection and repair of pipelines
COURSE DOCUMENTATION AND REFERENCE MATERIAL
Complete course presentation material will be available as a PDF download prior to the course.
RECORDING AVAILABLE AFTER THE COURSE
You can access the entire webinar-course recording online for 60 days following the webinar sessions.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
Upon completion of the course, participants will be eligible to receive .7 Continuing Education Units.
Course structure and delivery
The course consists of:
- Pre-recorded topical lectures comprising a total of 8 hours over two days (4 hours a day).
- The delivery platform will be GoToWebinar.
- The instructor will be online with you during the Lecture sessions.
- Live Question & Answer sessions with the instructor will follow each lecture. 5 minutes per session, with a 30-minute summary Q&A session at the end of the course.
- You will be able to submit your questions to the instructor via live Chat during the lecture sessions, and he will address them in the Q&A session that follows.